Opuntia santarita (Santa Rita Prickly Pear cactus) is an upright, flowering succulent shrub with colorful, round pads, native to the Southwest United States. Covered with spines, the pads turn rich purple in winter before changing back to soft blue gray in summer.
- Requires at least six hours of direct or partial light
- Drought tolerant and should only be watered when soil has gone completely dry
- Thrives in warm places but will survive as long as the environment is frost free
- Set the cactus piece aside, allowing the cut end to callus over until hard and dry
- Fill your pot with cactus soil mix
- Insert the calloused end into the soil approximately 1-2 inches deep
- Place the pot in a warm, sunny window
- Water the soil thoroughly, 2-4 weeks later
We do our best to provide good looking cactus but blemishes, various shapes & sizes are all part of things made by nature. Their imperfections make them perfect to us and we hope you think so too!
Pot not included.