Opuntia microdasys (Bunny Ears cactus) is a flowering cactus plant native to Central and Northern Mexico with velvety green pads and golden glochidia/bristles. Bunny Ears can grow 24"-36" tall and wide. However, it can be kept smaller by pruning.
- Requires at least six hours of direct or partial light
- Drought tolerant and should only be watered when soil has gone completely dry
- Thrives in warm places but will survive as long as the environment is frost free
- Set the cactus piece aside, allowing the cut end to callus over until hard and dry
- Fill your pot with cactus soil mix
- Insert the calloused end into the soil approximately 1-2 inches deep
- Place the pot in a warm, sunny window
- Water the soil thoroughly, 2-4 weeks later
We do our best to provide good looking cactus but blemishes, various shapes & sizes are all part of things made by nature. Their imperfections make them perfect to us and we hope you think so too!
Pot not included.