Lophocereus schottii var. monstrosus (Totem Pole cactus) is an unusual variety of cactus that is completely spineless. It's the result of a naturally occurring mutation and is native to a small area of the Baja California Peninsula. Totem Pole does not flower or seed but can be propagated easily. They can take years to reach their maximum height of 10 - 12 ft. but is an easy plant to grow.
- Requires at least six hours of direct or partial light
- Drought tolerant and should only be watered when soil has gone completely dry
- Thrives in warm places but will survive as long as the environment is frost free
- Set the cactus piece aside, allowing the cut end to callus over until hard and dry
- Fill your pot with cactus soil mix
- Insert the calloused end into the soil approximately 1-2 inches deep
- Place the pot in a warm, sunny window
- Water the soil thoroughly, 2-4 weeks later
We do our best to provide good looking cactus but blemishes, various shapes & sizes are all part of things made by nature. Their imperfections make them perfect to us and we hope you think so too!
Pot not included.
Note: Free shipping on sizes 15"-20" & 21"-25".